Backpacks and Bags:
Currently students may bring their backpacks to their classrooms.
- Due to space and safety issues, backpacks, bags, and purses must be kept in students’ lockers and are not allowed in classrooms, hallways, office, or common areas.
- Laptop sleeves are required for laptop transportation and, therefore, are allowed.
- Backpacks may be used when traveling to and from the high school.
- Sports bags and instruments can be stored in the Forum, on the right side of the stage steps. Bags must be out of the way and lined up or stacked neatly.
- Any final decision regarding a student’s backpack, bag or purse will be made by the school administration.
Hallway and Classroom Expectations:
- Walking and good citizenship are expected behaviors.
- Students must have a Hall Pass to be in the halls during class time.
- Running, playing, pushing, and/or use of profanity are not acceptable.
- Move quickly and quietly to your assigned seat.
- Sit quietly and listen throughout the assembly.
- Show appreciation to the performers with appropriate applause.
- Appropriate behavior and dress are expected at all times.
- Students must arrange for their own transportation and must be picked up within 30 minutes of the end of a dance.
- Dances held at TMJH are for TMJH students only.
- You must remain inside the school during dances, no re-entry.
- Please clean up after yourself!
- Keep your own place in the lunch line. Do not cut or save a space for someone else.
- Students may eat at lunch tables.
Bicycles, Skateboards, Roller Blades, Etc.:
- Bicycles must be kept locked up outside in the front of the school.
- Skateboards must left in Front Office or student’s locker.
- Roller Blades must be kept in the student’s locker.
- TMJH is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades are not allowed to be used inside the school.
Student Guests (Visitors):
Currently no visitors will be allowed into the school without an appointment until further notice.
- Guests of students are not permitted on campus or in classes because of the liability to the school district.
- Parents are always welcome.
- The school board has waived the fee requirements for mandatory and academic fees for the 2021-2022 school year.
- This action does not extend at this time to extracurricular fees and other fees for activities conducted outside the normal hours of the school day.
- In all cases, remaining school fees are subject to State law and district waiver policy.
- Each student is assigned to a counselor who will assist students throughout their academic years at TMJH.
- Counselors will assist students with orientation to school, study habits, and personal concerns.
- Counselors are available to students at all times.
- Students may choose to buy or bring their own lunch.
- Lunches are to be prepaid in the TMJH lunchroom.
- Each student will have an individual lunch account and parents will be notified when the account’s balance is nearing zero.
- Students may buy from vending machines; however, lunch account money may not be used for these purchases.
- Free and reduced lunch applications may be picked up from the front office.
- All students on free or reduced lunch must reapply each school year.
- Students and parents may not have food delivered from a restaurant to the school during the normal school day.
- Bus transportation is a privilege and students are expected to conduct themselves in a proper manner at all times.
- Consequences for bus referrals are as follows: 1st referral—probation/warning, 2nd referral—loss of privileges for 5 days, 3rd referral—loss of privileges for 45 days, 4th referral—loss of privileges for the remainder of the school year.
Lost/Damaged Textbooks/Paperback Novels:
- Fines will be charged for lost or damaged textbooks/paperback novels.
- Guidelines for lost/damaged book fees are available in the front office.
- Students are responsible maintaining their school issued laptops and keeping them in good condition.
- Laptops must be kept in laptop sleeves when being transported from classroom to classroom, and home to school.
- In the event of damage to the laptop or power adapter, a one hundred dollar deductible will be charged. All subsequent damages to the laptop will incur a charge for the cost of the part up to two hundred dollars.
Clubs and Activities:
- Students are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities that might enhance their social experience at TMJH.
- TMJH offers periodic dances, as well as numerous clubs such as: Yearbook, Student Council, National Junior Honor Society and Book Club.
- Ask your teachers what other opportunities might exist, or visit the Clubs and Activities page.
- 9th grade students may participate in high school clubs and sports.