Cell phones at TMJH are not allowed to be used in the classroom and during class periods, with two exceptions:
- There are occasions in which a teacher may design a lesson that the use of a cell phone is permitted by the teacher. For example if students are tasked with making a film for a class, a cell phone may be permitted for recording purposes or in an interior design class a teacher may allow the use of a phone to view Pinterest for idea generation.
- Teachers may choose to allow one 5 minute (or less) tech break during class. This is based on teacher discretion.
If a student needs to use the restroom during a class period their teacher will ask them to leave their phone on the teacher’s desk. If a parent needs to contact a student during a class period they should contact the main office at TMJH
Cell phones are allowed before and after school, during hallway passing periods, and during a students assigned lunch period.
Headphones are not to be used during class without teacher’s permission. Students should not have headphones, airpods, or other similar devices, in their ears during class, even if they are off.
Consequences for breaking the rules:
- First Offense: Phone/Headphones held in the main office for the day.
- Second Offense: Phone/Headphones held in the main office for the day. Phone call home.
- Third Offense: Phone/Headphones held in the main office for the day. Administrator/Student meeting to discuss further disciplinary action including loss of privileges, detention, and cell phone being turned in daily for an extended period of time.