Julie Jackson, R.N., B.S.N.
Heath Services: TMJH School Nurse
Office: 435-645-5640, ext. 1750
- Utah state law requires all students who carry and administer their own asthma inhalers to have an asthma Self-Administration form on file at the school. Forms need to be signed by the parents and the health care provider each school year, and then brought to the school secretary. All inhalers must be labeled with the student’s name.
- Utah state law requires all students who carry and administer their own Epinephrine Auto injector must have an Epinephrine Auto Injector Authorization form on file at the school. Forms are to be completed and signed by the parents and the health care provider annually and brought to the school secretary. All epi pens must be labeled with the student’s name.
- In accordance with the requirements of Utah Law the district nurses will conduct vision screenings for grades pre K, K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 special education, and referrals. The results of the vision screening may be shared with other educators and healthcare professionals to provide appropriate services. If your student does not pass the screening, a referral will be sent in the mail. Please inform the school with a written note if you do not want your student vision screened. If your child is absent on screening day please contact the school nurse to set appointment for the screening.
- Students cannot carry prescription medication on their person. Students in grades 8-12 may carry 1 day supply of non-prescription medication for personal use only- which must be in original container. All medications administered at school must have a district medication form signed by parent and prescribing doctor with accurate medication name and dose. Medication and form must be brought to front office by parent. Forms can be accessed on line at www.pcschools.us under health services.
- If your student has a health concern that may impact his or her learning, please notify your school nurse. It is the parent/ guardian responsibility to inform their student’s teachers/specialists of all medical concerns.
- The Park City School web site has a “Health Services” section, located under “Departments”, with information about school district forms, community programs, services, and links to information web sites. You access the site at www.pcschools.us.
Student Health Forms
- All forms can be accessed on the Park City Web page under Health Resources.
- Asthma self-administration forms need to be filed if your student carries an inhaler to school. This is Utah State required.
- Health Care Plans are important for medical concerns including diabetes, seizures, concussions and severe allergies.
- It is for the safety and well being of your student that we keep all information current especially telephone numbers.
- All special dietary requests need to be submitted to the PCHS Nutrition Services Dept.
- Contact Elizabeth Strasser, Child Nutrition Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-645-5600 ext. 1424.
- Parents, if your child rides the school bus and has health concerns, you must contact the PCSD transportation department to file an emergency and medical information card.
- Contact Richard Eddington, Transportation Director, email@example.com or 645-5660 ext 1505.
New Health Resource for Parents & Students
PCSD Health Service Dept. have been given new guidelines for Scoliosis screening. Parents are encouraged to screen their student for this potential health issue. See letter for guidelines (en español).
Flu Information 2017-2018
Health Services Newsletter
Please read the policy for administering medication to students at school
Medication can only be given at school when a medication permission form is on file with the school.
- Children’s Health Information Red Pack
- Summit Pediatrics’ Health Blog
- Spokane Regional Health District Lice Brochure English and Spanish
- Summit County Health Department
- Centers for Disease Control
- Utah Department Of Health
- Food Allergy Network
- Food Allergy Basics
- Chick Pox Disease Facts (from Utah Department of Health)