National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is a worldwide organization that consists of many chapters in middle schools (grades 6-9). The National Junior Honor Society was founded in 1929 in the hopes of creating an organization that would recognize and encourage academic achievement while also developing other characteristics essential to citizens in a democracy. The ideals of scholarship, character, service, leadership, and citizenship remain as relevant today as they were in 1929.
Members must maintain a 3.5 grade point average (verified by quarterly report card submissions). NJHS requires group and individual service to the community, school, or other organizations (service hours verified by written documentation).
2018-2019 NJHS Board members, contact information and roles:
President – Jude Trahan firstname.lastname@example.org (Service hours and volunteer opportunities)
Vice President -John Trahan email@example.com (Grade verification and academic probation)
Secretary – John Tiranno firstname.lastname@example.org (Meetings and NJHS Canvas page)
Treasurer – Noam Levinsky email@example.com (Group service projects and opportunities)
Teacher Adviser – Ms. Langford firstname.lastname@example.org (Application process, membership status, and induction)
Application deadlines, meeting dates, community service opportunities, and documentation due dates will be announced during morning announcements, and will be posted on the NJHS Canvas page.
NJHS members MUST accept the Canvas NJHS course invitation to receive news and information about NJHS happenings.
Important 2018-2019 NJHS dates / deadlines:
- Wednesday, September 5th: Orientation Meeting
- Friday, September 21st: Application Deadline
- Tuesday, October 23th: 1st After School Meeting
- Friday, November 9th: Q1 Grade Verification Deadline
- Friday, November 16th: Fall Group Service Project (clothing drive) Deadline
- Tuesday, January 15th: 2nd After School Meeting
- Friday, January 25th: Q2 Grade Verification Deadline
- Friday, February 15th: Winter Group Service Project (can drive) Deadline
- Tuesday, March 26th: 3rd After School Meeting
- Wednesday, April 3rd: 4th After School Meeting
- Friday, April 5th: Q3 Grade Verification Deadline
- Friday, April 19th: Spring Group Service Project (bake sale) Deadline
- Friday, May 3rd: Verification of 20 service hours Deadline
- Monday, May 20th: NJHS Induction Ceremony 6pm to 7pm