New Student Enrollment

2019-2020 School Year

New Student Enrollment is for students who are NEW to the Park City School District or former students who are returning after having withdrawn from a district school. Primary residency within the Park City School District boundaries is required. District policy: Policy 10010–Student Enrollment

New Student Enrollment for the 2019-20 School Year:

New students are enrolled by appointment ONLY. The following steps are required for new student enrollment. Students will not start school until all enrollment requirements are met.

STEP 1 – Complete the online New Student Registration.
You must complete the online registration FIRST. If you don’t have internet access at home, you can use a computer at the school or at the public library. Be sure to complete all the required information and click the final “Submit” button. You’re finished when you get the “Submission Confirmation” screen.
New Student Registration 2019-20 – ENGLISH
New Student Registration 2019-20 – SPANISH
NOTE: Do not use these links if you are an incoming Ecker student, or a new student who pre-enrolled last spring. You will use the Returning Student Registration links and your “snapcode”.

STEP 2 – Schedule a New Student Enrollment appointment.
To schedule your meeting, call or email the Registrar. Students cannot start school the same day as their appointment, so please plan ahead.

STEP 3 – Provide the required enrollment documents to the Registrar.
Bring the following to the counseling office at TMJH. Documents can also be faxed to 435-645-5648 (or 435-645-5649) or emailed to the Registrar. You are responsible for providing ALL required documents at the time of enrollment. We will request previous school records AFTER the student is enrolled.

  • Proof of Residency – The student must be living with a parent (birth, custodial, adoptive) or legal guardian within the school district boundaries. Complete the Proof of residency (en español) AND bring 2 supporting documents showing proof of your primary residency in our boundaries. See the district policy for more information.
  • Guardianship Papers – The student must be living with a parent or legal guardian. If parents are divorced, bring court documents naming you as the primary custodial or joint-custodial parent. Children not living with a parent must have a court-appointed legal guardian. Notarized letters are unacceptable. For more information, click here.
  • Birth Certificate – Bring a copy of the student’s birth certificate for age, parent, and name verification. We are required to enroll students under their full legal name, as listed on the birth certificate or name-change court document. No passports. (As of 2006, Utah’s wallet-size birth card is no longer acceptable for legal purposes.)
  • Immunization Record – Bring a copy of your child’s immunization record. By law, a student will be refused enrollment if his/her immunizations are not up-to-date by Utah’s school immunization requirements:
    • 5 DTP (4 doses if 4th dose was given on/after the 4th birthday)
    • 1 Tdap (after 7 years of age)
    • 4 Polio (3 doses if 3rd dose was given on/after the 4th birthday)
    • 2 Measles/Mumps/Rubella (first does must be given on/after the 1st birthday)
    • 2 Hepatitis A
    • 3 Hepatitis B
    • 2 Varicella (or history of chickenpox if parent signs the “pink card” verification statement)
    • 1 Meningococcal
  • Unofficial Transcript or Report Card – Bring a copy of your student’s most recent transcript or report card, for class placements and transfer of high school credits. The school will obtain official transcripts after enrollment.
  • Withdrawal Form – If your student is transferring during the school year, please provide the withdrawal form from their previous school.
  • Parent Electronic Device Orientation –
    • All TMJH students will receive a district-owned laptop for the school year. Parents are required to view the Electronic Device Orientation before the student will receive his or her computer (along with submission of proof of residency). Parents may watch the orientation from home, or at the school. Directions are shown below:

    Las direcciones españolas

            1. Go to (If asked use code: FDZAY)
            2. Enter a Name/Nickname in the box
            3. Click Join Session
            4. Click the play button for audio on the bottom of each slide
            5. Navigate through the slides using the forward and back buttons
            6. Complete the PCSD EDUA Quiz

    Logout after finishing the tutorial. Make sure you have reviewed and electronically signed both the Internet Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and the Electronic Device User Agreement (EDUA) during the online registration process. Students may not receive their laptop until all three pieces (Orientation, AUP, and EDUA) have been received and recorded by school officials.

STEP 4 – Go to your enrollment appointment with the guidance counselor.
You will discuss class selections at your enrollment appointment. Be prepared by printing out an 8th Registration Form or 9th Registration Form and explore our TMJH Catalog 2019-2020 and optional Placement Testing.

STEP 5 – Complete the fee payment paperwork for optional fees.
The Park City Board of Education affirms the principle that a public education should be free to the patrons  of the school district and that barriers to public education should be removed wherever possible.  In that effort, the school board has waived the fee requirements for mandatory and academic fees for the 2019-2020 school year.  The board’s acton is not a categorical waiver of all fees.  Fees subject to this action include fees for elective courses and general education expenses.  This action does not extend at the time to extracurricular fees and other fees for activites conducted outside the normal hours of the school day.  In all cases, remaining school fees are subject to State law and district waiver policy.  Pay fees online with a credit card or e-check via eFunds for Schools.  eFunds allows you to make payments any time from home and you even have the option to make recurring payments or installments.  You can pay for all of your district students on one eFunds account. Fee Waivers are available to those who qualify.  For more information regarding Fee Waivers, click here (en español) Their are also options for Community Service Obligations (en español) Fee Payment form will show you which fees are not covered by this new policy or by a fee waiver.  If paying for PTSO membership, please write a separate check made out to TMJH PTSO or go to
Optional fees are handled through the TMJH Main Office. Fees can be paid by cash, check payable to TMJH, or eFunds Online Payment (credit/debit card, e-check, and installments available online only). Contact Park City High School for sports payments.  Fee waivers can be used for PCHS.


Information regarding 9th grade extracurricular activities:

Any student transferring from one school to another in grades 9 through 12 shall lose eligibility for participation in Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA) sponsored extracurricular activities for twelve months from the first day of attendance at the new school. Sponsored activities include sports, debate/forensics, music, and drama on the varsity, junior varsity, sophomore and freshman levels. However, the Association has the discretion, but not the requirement, to waive all or part of the ineligibility based on evidence of hardship. For more information see the New to Park City School District UHSAA Transfer Requirements page or contact the PCHS Athletics & Activities Director, Jamie Sheetz.

Reference: Utah Laws 53A-2-201 and 53A-2-202, Policy 10010–Student Enrollment. If information becomes available that an enrolled student does not meet any of the criteria listed above and cannot furnish the necessary documentation of residency or guardianship, that student will not be considered a legal resident of the district and enrollment will be terminated. Separate registrations and subsequent documentation must be completed for each child you are registering.

Quick Info for New Families:

Supply List
TMJH does not have a school supply list. Students should be prepared on their first day with a notebook and a pen or pencil. Teachers will let students know if there are specific items they need for class.

Student Handbook
Our TMJH Student Handbook is full of great information for both students and parents, including our Attendance Policy, Behavior Expectations, Bell Schedules, and our policies on Cell Phones, Dress Code, Lockers, and Technology & Internet use.

Bus Information
Bus schedules can be picked up at the school. Contact the Transportation Department at 435-645-5660 with specific questions about bus routes and schedules. See the Transportation website for Bus Procedures, the Rider’s Code of Conduct, Space Available Students, and more.

School Lunch and Breakfast
Menus are available online. See the district Breakfast and Lunch Fees page for meal prices. Lunch fees can be paid two ways: take your money directly to the lunch windows or pay online. Free or reduced price meals are available for those who qualify–download an application or see the Main Office for information.

Medical Concerns
See the School Nurse page for our School Medications Policy, Asthma Self-Administration Form, Epinephrine Administration Form, and Health Care Plans. Please note that many of these medical forms require a physician’s signature.

Student Laptops
Student laptops are the property of the Park City School District. There is no expectation of privacy–laptops can be searched by district personnel at any time, for any reason. Computer activity is filtered and monitored at all times, including but not limited to, internet searches, games activity, email messages, and chat sessions. Address questions to the Tech Center.

PowerSchool is our internet-based student information system that gives students and parents access to grades, attendance, progress reports, and teacher email addresses. Students get their username/password when they pick up their laptop. Parents get their login in the mail a week after school starts. Parents have privileges that are not available to students, so please don’t share parent logins with students. For more information, see our PowerSchool page.

Canvas is our internet-based learning management system that gives students and parents access to class information, including assignments, messaging, online resources, and learning tools. Access Canvas from the TMJH website. Students get their username/password when they pick up their laptop. Parents get their login in the mail a week after school starts. Parent accounts have observer-only access. For information and tutorials, see the Canvas FAQ page.

School Safety
All visitors must enter the school through the front doors and proceed directly to the Main Office or the Attendance Office. Visitors will be asked to sign a Visitor’s Log and a Visitor Badge will be required. Un-badged persons will be stopped and questioned. TMJH does not allow student shadowing. The Park City School District takes School Safety seriously.

District Enrollment Policy
Park City School District Board Policy 10010: Student Enrollment


To enroll a child in school, you must be the child’s birth parent or legal guardian, and you must be living with the child within the school district boundaries.

Divorced Parents:
Schools are required by law to comply with court orders. The enrolling parent must provide official court documents showing that they are the student’s primary-custodial or joint-custodial parent. If a non-custodial parent wants to enroll a student, we require a copy of their official court documents AND both verbal and notarized written approval from the custodial parent allowing the student to be enrolled under the non-custodial parent’s care and supervision.

Non-Parents/Legal Guardianship:
Notarized letters from parents are NOT acceptable. Per district policy, children not living with a birth/adoptive parent CANNOT be enrolled in school without a legal guardian who lives within the district boundaries. The Park City School District requires that legal guardianship be awarded through the court. The legal guardianship filing process can take some time, but once the guardianship case is filed with the court, the child may be enrolled if the school is provided with a filing receipt from the courthouse. You must provide the school with a copy of the final guardianship papers once the judge signs them. For information on obtaining legal guardianship, see this legal guardianship filing process outline (en español), or contact the Summit County District Court (435-615-4320) or go to and click “Guardianship of a Minor.”

Foster Parents:
Verification of court or agency placement must be provided.

Reference: Utah Laws 53A-2-201 and 53A-2-202, Policy 10010–Student Enrollment. If information becomes available that an enrolled student does not meet any of the criteria listed above and cannot furnish the necessary documentation of residency or guardianship, that student will not be considered a legal resident of the district and enrollment will be terminated. Separate registrations and subsequent documentation must be completed for each child you are registering.