TMJH Mission, Vision, and Commitments
Empowering students to reach their full potential in a diverse and dynamic world.
In order to empower students to reach their full potential in a diverse and dynamic world, at TMJH we:
- Provide a rigorous, standards-based curriculum, preparing students to succeed in high school and in a variety of post-high school opportunities.
- Create an environment of educational excellence by using developmentally-appropriate instructional strategies to address individual learning strengths, including flexible learning time so that learning is the constant and time is the variable.
- Develop students' intrinsic motivation and their ownership of learning by making content relevant to their lives and by holding students accountable for their learning.
- Commit to collaborative practices that ensure continuous improvement.
- Establish a caring, respectful environment in which all members of the TMJH community can feel supported and safe emotionally, intellectually, and physically.
We have established these guiding principles as a basis for our values as teachers and professionals at Treasure Mountain Junior High School. They are intended as a means for informal personal reflection and are not intended to be used in the formal evaluation process. They represent our shared purpose and will continue to guide us as educators.
- We will establish learning targets aligned to state standards and a consistent Guaranteed Viable Curriculum.
- We will be problem solvers, working collaboratively towards continuous growth and solutions.
- We will analyze assessment results and identify students who require targeted reteaching or enrichment.
- We will have open, authentic, and respectful communication with all stakeholders, assuming good intent from all parties.
- We will focus on relevancy in curriculum.
- We will create a caring, respectful, and safe school environment with consistent classroom expectations and consequences.
- We will be open to change; we are willing to be vulnerable and to engage in critical conversations that lead to professional growth.
- We will be innovators and risk takers.
- We will look for the best in both colleagues and students; we will support and have compassion for each other.
The following are in addition to our commitments as teachers.
- We will establish relationships with students whenever possible, even through discipline and other difficult and complex scenarios.
- We will support teachers by communicating, being transparent, and allocating resources and information.
- We will work to integrate more time for both students and teachers to do good work by looking at scheduling possibilities and by communicating with the district office and other admin.
- We will promote a system of consistent and positive behavior expectations that ensures recognition and accountability for the entire TMJH community.