General Guidelines (español)
Backpacks and Bags:
- Due to space and safety issues, backpacks, bags, and purses must be kept in students’ lockers and are not allowed in classrooms, hallways, office, or common areas.
- Laptop sleeves are required for laptop transportation and, therefore, are allowed.
- Backpacks may be used when traveling to and from the high school.
- Students are allowed to take their backpacks to 4th period only.
- Sports bags and instruments can be stored in the Forum, on the other side of the ramp wall (not on the ramp itself). Bags must be out of the way and lined up or stacked neatly.
- Any final decision regarding a student's backpack, bag or purse will be made by the school administration.
Hallway and Classroom Expectations:
- Walking and good citizenship are expected behaviors.
- Students must have a Hall Pass to be in the halls during class time.
- Running, playing, pushing, and/or use of profanity are not acceptable.
- Students who come to class unprepared will receive a lunch detention ticket from their teacher.
- Move quickly and quietly to your seat.
- Sit quietly and listen throughout the assembly.
- Show appreciation to the performers with appropriate applause.
- Appropriate behavior and dress are expected at all times.
- Students must arrange for their own transportation and must be picked up within 30 minutes of the end of a dance.
- Dances are for TMJH students only.
- You must remain inside the school during dances, no re-entry.
- Please clean up after yourself.
- Keep your own place in the lunch line. Do not cut or save a space for someone else.
- Students may eat at lunch tables or foyer only.
Bicycles, Skateboards, Roller Blades, Etc.:
- Bicycles should be locked in bicycle racks only.
- Skateboarding, Roller blades, and the use of scooters are not permitted on the TMJH grounds.
Student Guests (Visitors):
- Guests of students are not permitted on campus or in classes because of the liability to the school district.
- Parents are always welcome.
- Students will be charged fees for certain school functions.
- Please see Board-adopted fee schedule for the current school year (copies available in the school office).
- If a student cannot afford the mandatory school fees, other means are available. See the front office for information.
- Each student is assigned to a counselor who will assist students throughout their academic years at TMJH.
- Counselors will assist students with orientation to school, study habits, and personal concerns.
- Counselors are available to students at all times.
- Students may choose to buy or bring their own lunch.
- Lunches are to be prepaid in the TMJH lunchroom.
- Each student will have an individual lunch account and parents will be notified when the account’s balance is nearing zero.
- Students may buy from vending machines; however, lunch account money may not be used for these purchases.
- Free and reduced lunch applications may be picked up from the office.
- All students on free or reduced lunch must reapply each school year.
- Bus transportation is a privilege and students are expected to conduct themselves in a proper manner at all times.
- Consequences for bus referrals are as follows: 1st referral—probation/warning, 2nd referral—loss of privileges for 5 days, 3rd referral—loss of privileges for 45 days, 4th referral—loss of privileges for the remainder of the school year.
- Book covers are provided to students.
- All textbooks should be kept covered.
- Fines will be charged for lost or damaged textbooks.
- Guidelines for lost/damaged book fees are available in the front office.
Clubs and Activities:
- Students are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities that might enhance their social experience at TMJH.
- TMJH offers periodic dances, intramural experiences in volleyball, basketball, fitness, and other sports, as well as numerous clubs such as: Yearbook, Student Council, National Junior Honor Society and Builders Club.
- Ask your teachers what other opportunities might exist, or visit the Clubs and Activities page.