College and Career Readiness
8th Grade College and Career Readiness (CCR) Meetings
The 8th Grade College and Career Readiness Meeting is part of our guidance curriculum. This meeting is an opportunity for 8th-graders and their parents to meet with a guidance counselor to discuss:
- Student progress (grades, attendance, strengths and challenges)
- High school graduation requirements and course pathways
- Future college and career goals
INDIVIDUAL MEETINGS are scheduled November 7 through December 15, 2016.
To schedule your appointment, contact the Counseling Secretary at 435-645-5641. The student and parents attend the meeting together.
College and Career Planning Tools:
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Pathways
- College Board: Key Areas of Focus and a Spotlight on Tools & Resources
- Utah High School to College and Career Pathways Student Guide
- Student Planning Guide for Grades 7-8
- Student Planning Guide for Grades 9-12
- Utah State Office of Education: College and Career Readiness
Financial Aid Resources: