Our Honors Math courses offer a rigorous, challenging, faster-paced, Honors-level math curriculum that goes deeper into the concepts learned in the regular Math courses. The Park City School District uses Common Core State Standards curriculum for Math. The Math Pathways Chart will guide you to which Math courses to take through High School.
Current Park City School District students:
- Current Ecker Hill 7th graders: Honors Math placement for 8th grade will be determined by Galileo test scores and teacher reccomendation. Placement decisions are final. To register for Honors Math, the Math teacher's signature is required.
- Current TMJH 8th graders: Current Math 8 Honors and Math 8 students will be allowed to enroll in SM1 Honors with teacher recommendation. Assessments, grades, and MOY Galileo scores will be considered. Placement decisions are final. To register for Honors Math, the Math teacher's signature is required.
- Current TMJH 9th graders: Current Honors Secondary Math I students will advance to Honors Secondary Math II. Students currently in regular Secondary Math I who want to be in Honors next year must take a bridge course over the summer (dates/times to be determined). To register for Honors Math, the Math teacher's signature is required.
The regular grade-level Math classes don't require testing: 8th Grade Math, 9th Grade Secondary Math I
- New 8th grade students interested in honors math placement will take the Math Galileo test with Gina Mason at EHMS (please email for an appt. firstname.lastname@example.org) and bring a printed iReady score report (Weilenmann students) to this testing. iReady scores must be at mid to late 7th grade performance level in order to pursue honors placement. If students meet Galileo and iReady criteria, they will take a written honors placement exam.
- New 9th grade students need to provide a teacher placement recommendation, transcript and participate in a discussion with a TMJH counselor (counselor may request a placement test). Students will be placed in either regular Math or Honors Math based on these results.
Contact the Counseling Office for testing information or to make an appointment.