Treasure Mountain

New Student Enrollment


To enroll a child in school, you must be the child's birth parent or legal guardian, and you must be living with the child within the school district boundaries.

Divorced Parents:
Schools are required by law to comply with court orders. The enrolling parent must provide official court documents showing that they are the student's primary-custodial or joint-custodial parent. If a non-custodial parent wants to enroll a student, we require a copy of their official court documents AND both verbal and notarized written approval from the custodial parent allowing the student to be enrolled under the non-custodial parent's care and supervision.

Non-Parents/Legal Guardianship:
Notarized letters from parents are NOT acceptable. Per district policy, children not living with a birth/adoptive parent CANNOT be enrolled in school without a legal guardian who lives within the district boundaries. The Park City School District requires that legal guardianship be awarded through the court. The legal guardianship filing process can take some time, but once the guardianship case is filed with the court, the child may be enrolled if the school is provided with a filing receipt from the courthouse. You must provide the school with a copy of the final guardianship papers once the judge signs them. For information on obtaining legal guardianship, see this legal guardianship filing process outline (en espaƱol), or contact the Summit County District Court (435-615-4320) or go to and click "Guardianship of a Minor."

Foster Parents:
Verification of court or agency placement must be provided.

Reference: Utah Laws 53A-2-201 and 53A-2-202, Policy 10010--Student Enrollment. If information becomes available that an enrolled student does not meet any of the criteria listed above and cannot furnish the necessary documentation of residency or guardianship, that student will not be considered a legal resident of the district and enrollment will be terminated. Separate registrations and subsequent documentation must be completed for each child you are registering.