New Student Enrollment
New Student Enrollment is for students who are NEW to the Park City School District or former students who are returning after having withdrawn from a district school. Primary residency within the Park City School District boundaries is required. District policy: Policy 10010--Student Enrollment
- Incoming 8th graders from Ecker Hill are automatically transferred to TMJH. You will use your "snapcode" to complete the "Returning Student Registration". Your "snapcode" will be emailed and mailed to the primary mailing address on August 1, 2017.
- New Students who "pre-enrolled" in Spring of 2017 are ALREADY enrolled. You will use your "snapcode" to complete the "Returning Student Registration". Your "snapcode" will be emailed and mailed to the primary mailing address on August 1, 2017.
- Note for transfers from Weilenmann School of Discovery and The Winter Sports School: Per district policy, if you currently live within the district boundary, and your student is currently attending a local charter school, and you would like them to enroll in Park City School District for the 2017-2018 school year, you must notify the district in writing no later than June 30, 2017 of your intention to enroll your student. After June 30, 2017, you must complete an Open Enrollment Form at the district office.
Important immunization information for students entering into Treasure Mountain-
All students entering into 8th and 9th grade must have the following immunizations:
- 1 TDaP Booster
- 1 Meningococcal
- 2nd Varicella (history of chicken pox is acceptable)
New Student Enrollment for the 2017-18 School Year:
New students are enrolled by appointment ONLY. The following steps are required for new student enrollment. Students will not start school until all enrollment requirements are met.
STEP 1 - Complete the online New Student Registration.
You must complete the online registration AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE your appointment. If you don't have internet access at home, you can use a computer at the school or at the public library. Be sure to complete all the required information and click the final "Submit" button. You're finished when you get the "Submission Confirmation" screen.
Links for online registration will go live on August 1, 2017.
STEP 2 - Schedule a New Student Enrollment appointment.
The Registrar's office will re-open in August 2017. To schedule your meeting, call or email the Registrar. Students cannot start school the same day as their appointment, so please plan ahead.
STEP 3 - Provide the required enrollment documents to the Registrar.
Bring the following to the counseling office at TMJH. Documents can also be faxed to 435-645-5648 (or 435-645-5649) or emailed to the Registrar. You are responsible for providing ALL required documents at the time of enrollment, including the birth certificate and immunization records. We will request previous school records AFTER the student is enrolled.
- Enrollment Packet Forms - 2017-2018 Enrollment packets will appear here on August 1, 2017.
- Proof of Residency - The student must be living with a parent (birth, custodial, adoptive) or legal guardian within the school district boundaries. Complete the Residency form in the packet AND bring a supporting document showing proof of your primary residency in our boundaries. See the district policy for more information (en español).
- Guardianship Papers - The student must be living with a parent or legal guardian. If parents are divorced, bring court documents naming you as the primary custodial or joint-custodial parent. Children not living with a parent must have a court-appointed legal guardian. Notarized letters are unacceptable. For more information, click here.
- Birth Certificate - Bring a copy of the student's full, legal birth certificate for age, parent, and name verification. We are required to enroll students under their full legal name, as listed on the birth certificate or name-change court document. No passports. (As of 2006, Utah's wallet-size birth card is no longer acceptable for legal purposes.)
- Immunization Record - Bring a copy of your child's complete immunization record. Please review Utah's school immunization requirements. By law, a student may be refused enrollment if his/her immunizations are not up-to-date by Utah's requirements.
- Unofficial Transcript or Report Card - A copy of your student's most recent transcript or report card is helpful when discussing class placements and transfer of high school credits. Official transcripts will be obtained after enrollment.
- Withdrawal Form - If your student is transferring during the school year, please provide the withdrawal form from their previous school.
- Parent Electronic Device Orientation - Parents must view this online orientation video before the student will receive their school laptop. Go to the Parent Electronic Device Orientation Video page for instructions (Presentación en línea sobre las computadoras).
STEP 4 - Go to your enrollment appointment with the guidance counselor.
You will discuss class selections at your enrollment appointment. Be prepared by printing out an 8th Grade or 9th Grade class registration form and explore our Course Catalog and optional Placement Testing.
STEP 5 - Complete the fee payment paperwork and pay fees.
Fees are handled through the TMJH Main Office. Once your student's class schedule has been made, fees will be assessed. Fees can be paid by cash, check payable to TMJH, or eFunds Online Payment (credit/debit card, e-check, and installments available online only). Low-income assistance is available to those who qualify--see the Main Office for an application. Proof of need must be attached to the application before it can be processed.
Important information regarding 9th grade extracurricular activities:
Any student transferring from one school to another in grades 9 through 12 shall lose eligibility for participation in Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA) sponsored extracurricular activities for twelve months from the first day of attendance at the new school. Sponsored activities include sports, debate/forensics, music, and drama on the varsity, junior varsity, sophomore and freshman levels. However, the Association has the discretion, but not the requirement, to waive all or part of the ineligibility based on evidence of hardship. For more information:
- Students New to Park City School District UHSAA Transfer Requirements
- UHSAA Utah High School Activities Association Transfer Information
- Contact the PCHS Athletics & Activities Director, Jamie Sheetz.
Reference: Utah Laws 53A-2-201 and 53A-2-202, Policy 10010--Student Enrollment. If information becomes available that an enrolled student does not meet any of the criteria listed above and cannot furnish the necessary documentation of residency or guardianship, that student will not be considered a legal resident of the district and enrollment will be terminated. Separate registrations and subsequent documentation must be completed for each child you are registering.