National Junior Honor Society
National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is a worldwide organization that consists of many chapters in middle schools (grades 6-9). The National Junior Honor Society was founded in 1929 in the hopes of creating an organization that would recognize and encourage academic achievement while also developing other characteristics essential to citizens in a democracy. The ideals of scholarship, character, service, leadership, and citizenship remain as relevant today as they were in 1929.
Members must maintain a 3.5 grade point average (verified by quarterly report card submissions). NJHS requires group and individual service to the community, school, or other organizations (service hours verified by written documentation).
2017-2018 NJHS Board Members
President - Hanna Wiczek- firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President - Sophia Adrian- email@example.com
Secretary - Caroline Waldmann- firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer - Maya Lopansri- email@example.com
Teacher Adviser - Ms McKenna- firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadlines, meeting dates, community service opportunities, and documentation due dates will be announced during morning announcements, and will be posted on the NJHS Canvas page.
NJHS members MUST accept the Canvas NJHS course invitation to receive news and information about NJHS happenings.
Important 2017-2018 NJHS dates / deadlines:
- Wednesday, September 6th: Orientation Meeting
- Friday, September 22nd: Application Deadline
- Wednesday, October 25th: 1st After School Meeting
- Friday, November 10th: Q1 Grade Verification Deadline
- Friday, November 17th: Fall Group Service Project (clothing drive) Deadline
- Wednesday, January 17th: 2nd After School Meeting
- Friday, January 26th: Q2 Grade Verification Deadline
- Friday, February 16th: Winter Group Service Project (can drive) Deadline
- Wednesday, March 28th: 3rd After School Meeting
- Wednesday, April 4th: 4th After School Meeting
- Friday, April 6th: Q3 Grade Verification Deadline
- Friday, April 20th: Spring Group Service Project (bake sale) Deadline
- Friday, May 4th: Verification of 20 service hours Deadline
- Monday, May 21st: NJHS Induction Ceremony 6pm to 7pm