National Junior Honor Society
National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is a worldwide organization that consists of many chapters in middle schools (grades 6-9). The National Junior Honor Society was founded in 1929 in the hopes of creating an organization that would recognize and encourage academic achievement while also developing other characteristics essential to citizens in a democracy. The ideals of scholarship, character, service, leadership, and citizenship remain as relevant today as they were in 1929.
Members must maintain a 3.5 grade point average (verified by quarterly report card submissions). NJHS requires group and individual service to the community, school, or other organizations (service hours verified by written documentation).
Club Advisor: Ms. Megan McKenna, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadlines, meeting dates, community service opportunities, and documentation due dates will be announced during morning announcements, and will be posted on the NJHS Canvas page.
NJHS members MUST accept the Canvas NJHS course invitation to receive news and information about NJHS happenings.
2016-17 School Year - Save the Date:
- September 7: Orientation Meeting
- September 23: Application Deadline
- October 25: 1st After School Meeting
- November 11: Q1 Grade Verification Deadline
- November 18: Fall Group Service Project (clothing drive) Deadline
- January 17: 2nd After School Meeting
- February 3: Q2 Grade Verification Deadline
- February 15: Winter Group Service Project (can drive) Deadline
- March 28: 3rd After School Meeting
- April 4: 4th After School Meeting
- April 17: Q3 Grade Verification Deadline
- April 21: Spring Group Service Project (bake sale) Deadline
- May 15: NJHS Induction Ceremony 6pm to 7pm (please dress appropriately)