Empowering students to reach their full potential in a diverse and dynamic world.
In order to empower students to reach their full potential in a diverse and dynamic world, at TMJH we will:
- Establish a caring, respectful environment in which all members of the TMJH community can feel supported and safe emotionally, intellectually, and physically.
- Provide a rigorous, standards-based curriculum, to prepare students for success in school and in a variety of post secondary opportunities.
- Create developmentally-appropriate instructional strategies to address individual learning strengths.
- Encourage students’ intrinsic motivation and ownership of learning.
- Collaborate through open communication with all stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement.
We have established these guiding principles as a basis for our values as teachers and professionals at Treasure Mountain Junior High School. They are intended as a means for informal personal reflection and are not intended to be used in the formal evaluation process. They represent our shared purpose and will continue to guide us as educators.
- We will model and enforce school-wide behavior expectations consistently, respect individuality, and support each other.
- We will establish learning targets aligned to state standards and identify students who require targeted reteaching or enrichment.
- We will be innovative, solution focused, reflective, and open to change while working collaboratively towards continuous growth.
- We will make content relevant to students’ lives, focus on their strengths, and recognize their differences.
- We will have open, authentic communication, respecting different teaching styles and assuming good intent.
(In addition to our commitments as teachers)
- We will establish relationships with students whenever possible, even through discipline and other difficult and complex scenarios.
- We will support teachers by communicating, being transparent, and allocating resources and information. When appropriate, parent and student complaints or issues will be directed to the teacher first.
- We will work to integrate more time for both students and teachers to do good work by looking at scheduling possibilities and by communicating with the district office and other admin.
- We will support and regularly review our consistent and positive behavior expectations that ensure recognition and accountability for the entire TMJH community.
- While holding true to “tight” expectations in learning outcomes, we will also encourage teachers’ innovation and autonomy in reaching these outcomes.